Keynote Speaker Introduction:
President & CEO of Shea Homes
Wednesday, November 15, 2017
1:00 PM - 2:00 PM
Bert Selva is president and CEO of Shea Homes, one of the largest homebuilders in America operating in nine states. Shea Homes has consistently been an industry leader in customer and financial metrics, delivering over 3,300 homes and over $1.8 Billion in revenue in 2016. Shea Homes was also named one of America’s top 50 brands two years in a row by J.D. Power & Associates. Shea Homes was awarded the coveted Builder of the Year Award by Professional Builder Magazine and also named one of America’s Best Builders by Builder Magazine. Bert holds a Business degree from the University of Southern California and an MBA from UCLA and is also fluent in Spanish. Bert has been awarded with several prestigious awards, including:
- “CEO of the Year” by Builder and Big Builder magazines
- Inducted into the California Homebuilding Hall of Fame
- Hearthstone “Humanitarian Lifetime Achievement” award which included a $100,000 donation to the charity of his choice
Bert’s involvement on various boards/committees consists of:
- Executive Committee member for the USC Lusk Center for Real Estate
- Member of the Board of Trustees St. Ignatius College Prep in San Francisco
- National Vice President, MDA (Muscular Dystrophy Association)/Augie’s Quest (focused on treatments and cures for ALS/Lou Gehrig’s disease)
- Prior Chairman of the Board, HomeAid America, Inc.
Bert and his family reside in Newport Beach, California.